public theater theatrical play stage spectacle performance audience representation spectators sphere drama dramatic actor people spectacles actors performed spectator

0.25 David Marshall, Rousseau and the State of Theater, Representations, 1986.
0.24 Downing A. Thomas, Architectural Visions of Lyric Theater and Spectatorship in Late-Eighteenth-Century France, Representations, 1995.
0.18 Susan Maslan, Resisting Representation: Theater and Democracy in Revolutionary France, Representations, 1995.
0.15 Denis Hollier, I've Done My Act: An Exercise in Gravity, Representations, 1983.
0.14 Elizabeth J. Mac Arthur, Embodying the Public Sphere: Censorship and the Reading Subject in Beaumarchais's Mariage de Figaro, Representations, 1998.
0.11 Stephen Greenblatt, Exorcism Into Art, Representations, 1985.
0.10 Robert Weimann, Thresholds to Memory and Commodity in Shakespeare's Endings, Representations, 1996.
0.09 Alan Sinfield, Private Lives/Public Theater: Noel Coward and the Politics of Homosexual Representation, Representations, 1991.
0.08 Froma I. Zeitlin, Playing the Other: Theater Theatricality and the Feminine in Greek Drama, Representations, 1985.
0.07 Ramie Targoff, The Performance of Prayer: Sincerity and Theatricality in Early Modern England, Representations, 1997.
0.06 Jeffrey T. Schnapp, 18 BL: Fascist Mass Spectacle, Representations, 1993.